The Helio.Money protocol, powered by the BNB chain, introduces an innovative architecture to destablecoin minting. Helio's destablecoin is called HAY, and it is over-collateralized with BNB tokens. To obtain HAY, the user will need to provide BNB collateral and borrow HAY against it. After that, HAY can be staked for long-term yield and transferred to other protocols to generate additional yield. HAY is over-collateralized, making its peg highly secure and comparable to the MakerDAO DAI token.
For more information about Helio, please visit https://helio.money/.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All vulnerabilities marked in the Certik security review, Peckshield security review, Slowmist security review, Veridise security review and https://github.com/helio-money/helio-smart-contracts/tree/master/audits are not eligible for a reward.
All rewards for the Helio bug bounty program are scaled based on an internally established team criteria, taking into account the exploitability of the bug, the impact it causes, and the likelihood of the vulnerability presenting itself, which is especially factored in with bug reports requiring multiple conditions to be met that are currently not in-place. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 1,000 for each severity level, rewards will be provided at the determined fair value by the team depending on these conditions, assuming that the bug report is in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Payouts are handled by the Helio team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDT, USDC and BUSD, with the choice of the ratio at the discretion of the team.
- up to USD $500,000
- up to USD $50,000
- up to USD $5,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - HAYType
- Smart Contract - INTERACTIONType
- Smart Contract - REWARDSType
- Smart Contract - AuctionLibType
- Smart Contract - CeToken(ceABNBc)Type
- Smart Contract - hBNBType
- Smart Contract - CeVaultType
- Smart Contract - CerosRouterType
- Smart Contract - HelioProviderType
- Smart Contract - VATType
- Smart Contract - SPOTType
- Smart Contract - HayJoinType
- Smart Contract - JUGType
- Smart Contract - DOGType
- Smart Contract - ABACIType
- Smart Contract - BNBJoinType
- Smart Contract - ClipCEType
All smart contracts of Helio can be found at https://github.com/helio-money/helio-smart-contracts. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
For proxy contracts, both the current implementation and any further updates to the implementation contracts are considered in scope.
If an impact can be caused to any other asset managed by Helio that isn’t on this table but for which the impact is in the Impacts in Scope section below, you are encouraged to submit it for the consideration by the project.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Manipulation of governance voting result deviating from voted outcome and resulting in a direct change from intended effect of original resultsCriticalImpact
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Protocol insolvencyCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed rewardsHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for a minimum period of 30 daysHighImpact
- Smart contract unable to operate due to lack of fundsMediumImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionMediumImpact
- Griefing (e.g. no profit motive for an attacker, but damage to the users or the protocol)MediumImpact
- Theft of gasMediumImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionMediumImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty