Lemma is a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol with two products: a "leveraged" basis trading vault and USDL, a stablecoin that is fully decentralized, 100% capital efficient and USD pegged.
For more information about Lemma Finance, please visit https://www.lemma.finance/.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All High and Critical Smart Contract bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
All vulnerabilities marked in the https://github.com/lemma-finance/audits are not eligible for a reward.
Payouts are handled by the Lemma Finance team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC.
- USD $50,000
- USD $8,000
- USD $3,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - USDLemmaType
- Smart Contract - xUSDLType
- Smart Contract - PerpLemmaETHType
- Smart Contract - PerpLemmaBTCType
- Smart Contract - LemmaETHType
- Smart Contract - LemmaBTCType
- Smart Contract - xLemmaETHType
- Smart Contract - xLemmaBTCType
All smart contracts of Lemma Finance can be found at https://github.com/lemma-finance/basis-trading-stablecoin. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Though only the proxy contracts are listed as in-scope, current implementation and any further updates to the implementation contracts are considered in scope. When reporting a bug, please make sure to select the relevant proxy smart contract as the target.
If an impact can be caused to any other asset managed by Lemma Finance that isn’t on this table but for which the impact is in the Impacts in Scope section below, you are encouraged to submit it for the consideration by the project. This only applies to Critical impacts.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Protocol insolvencyCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 1 dayHighImpact
- Smart contract unable to operate due to lack of token fundsMediumImpact
- Block stuffing for profitMediumImpact
- Griefing (e.g. no profit motive for an attacker, but damage to the users or the protocol)MediumImpact
- Theft of gasMediumImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionMediumImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty