Scientix is a future-yield-backed synthetic asset platform on Binance Smart Chain. Scientix is a self-repaying loan, no liquidation. Scientix provides users advances on yield farming through a synthetic token that represents a fungible claim on any underlying collateral.
Scientix Protocol has the following functionalities: depositing BUSD to borrow scUSD, transmuting scUSD to BUSD, liquidation, staking, etc. The initial kind of collateral Scientix supports is BUSD. In the future, it may support other assets as well.
Scientix Protocol makes single-asset yield farming more efficient. It gives users a flexible line of credit for their future yield. Users can enter and exit anytime without committing to long lockups. For more information about Scientix, please visit https://scientix.finance/
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts and is focused on preventing:
- Loss of user funds staked (principal) by freezing or theft
- Loss of governance funds
- Theft of unclaimed yield
- Freezing of unclaimed yield
- Freezing of funds
- Smart contract fails to deliver promised returns
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
A PoC is required for Critical and High severity Smart Contract/Blockchain bug reports.
Known issues raised in the following audit reports would be considered out-of-scope: https://github.com/sec-bit/scientix-audit-report/blob/main/Scientix_Protocol_Report_EN.pdf
Payouts are handled by the Scientix team directly and are denominated in USD. However, all payouts are done in SCIX.
- USD $50,000
- USD $15,000
- USD $5,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - ScientistType
- Smart Contract - TransmuterBType
- Smart Contract - VaultAdapterType
- Smart Contract - VaultAdapterWithIndirectionType
- Smart Contract - VaultType
- Smart Contract - StratAlpacaType
- Smart Contract - StakingPoolType
- Smart Contract - veSCIXType
- Smart Contract - ScToken (scUSD)Type
- Smart Contract - ScientixToken (SCIX)Type
- Smart Contract - TimelockType
All smart contracts of Scientix can be found at https://github.com/ScientixFinance. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Critical Smart Contract ImpactCriticalImpact
- High Smart Contract ImpactHighImpact
- Medium Smart Contract ImpactMediumImpact
- Low Smart Contract ImpactLowImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty