Stader for NEARSubmit a Bug
Stader is a non-custodial smart contract based staking platform that helps you conveniently discover and access staking solutions.
Stader has built native liquid staking smart contracts across multiple chains, including Near, BNB, Fantom, Polygon, Hedera, Terra, among others, and building an economic ecosystem to grow and develop solutions like YFI-style farming with rewards, launchpads, gaming with rewards, liquid staking solutions, and more.
In the long term, Stader is focused on unlocking the platform approach and nurturing third parties to develop several staking-related applications on top of Stader infrastructure.
For more information about Stader for NEAR, please visit https://staderlabs.com/.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Rewards for critical smart contract vulnerabilities are further capped at 10% of economic damage, with the main consideration being the funds affected in addition to PR and brand considerations, at the discretion of the team. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 100 000 for Critical smart contract bug reports.
Previous issues highlighted in the following audit reports are considered out of scope of this program:
Vulnerabilities reported to any Stader program are considered as reported to all Stader Bug Bounty programs. Reports of the same vulnerability to multiple Stader Bug Bounty programs will be considered as a single report when the reward is calculated.
Payouts are handled by the Stader team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC or ETH, at the discretion of the team.
- USD $100,000 to USD $1,000,000
- USD $100,000
- USD $20,000
Assets in scope
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/internal.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/internalType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/metadata.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/metadataType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/operator.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/operatorType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/public.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/publicType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/storage_spec.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/storage_specType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/upgrade.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/upgradeType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/contract/util.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contract/utilType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/fungible_token/metadata.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/fungible_token/metadataType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/fungible_token/nearx_internal.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/fungible_token/nearx_internalType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/fungible_token/nearx_token.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/fungible_token/nearx_tokenType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/constantsType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/contractType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/errorsType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/eventsType
- https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token/blob/main-nearx/contracts/near-x/src/fungible_token.rsTargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/fungible_tokenType
- Smart Contract - near-x/src/libType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/stateType
- TargetSmart Contract - near-x/src/utilsType
All smart contracts of Stader for NEAR can be found at https://github.com/stader-labs/near-liquid-token. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
If any Critical/High severity impact can be caused to any other asset managed by Stader for NEAR that isn’t on this table but for which the impact is in the Impacts in Scope section below, you are encouraged to submit it for the consideration by the project.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Any governance voting result manipulationCriticalImpact
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of funds in poolsCriticalImpact
- Miner-extractable value (MEV)CriticalImpact
- Protocol insolvencyCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 24 hoursHighImpact
- Smart contract unable to operate due to lack of token fundsMediumImpact
- Block stuffing for profitMediumImpact
- Griefing (e.g. no profit motive for an attacker, but damage to the users or the protocol)MediumImpact
- Theft of gasMediumImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionMediumImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty