Tonic is a permissionless, fully on-chain, orderbook-based exchange platform built on NEAR. Their platform allows anyone to create markets for any asset on NEAR L1 or Aurora. Every component of Tonic is built with developers in mind, enabling the community to build a wide range of performant DeFi applications on NEAR.
For more information about Tonic, please visit https://tonic.foundation/.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Payouts are handled by the Tonic team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC (ERC20), USN (ERC20) or USN (NEAR), at the discretion of the team.
- USD $25,000
- USD $10,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - account/modType
- Smart Contract - account/v1Type
- https://github.com/tonic-foundation/tonic-core/blob/master/tonic-dex/src/external_tokens/external_tokens.rsTargetSmart Contract - external_tokens/external_tokensType
- TargetSmart Contract - external_tokens/modType
- https://github.com/tonic-foundation/tonic-core/blob/master/tonic-dex/src/external_tokens/token_receiver.rsTargetSmart Contract - external_tokens/token_receiverType
- Smart Contract - market/modType
- Smart Contract - market/v1Type
- Smart Contract - actionsType
- Smart Contract - adminType
- Smart Contract - balancesType
- Smart Contract - feesType
- Smart Contract - libType
- Smart Contract - limit_orderType
- Smart Contract - market_orderType
- Smart Contract - settlementType
- Smart Contract - storageType
- Smart Contract - storage_managerType
- Smart Contract - swap_orderType
- Smart Contract - viewsType
All smart contracts of Tonic can be found at https://github.com/tonic-foundation/tonic-core. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
If an impact can be caused to any other asset managed by Tonic that isn’t on this table but for which the impact is in the Impacts in Scope section below, you are encouraged to submit it for the consideration by the project.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Direct theft of user fundsCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 12 hoursHighImpact
- Freeze ability of other users to tradeHighImpact
- Denial of service (Prevent order matching engine from executing)HighImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty