The expansion pack for DAOs, Zodiac is a collection of tools built according to an open standard.
The Zodiac open standard enables DAOs to act more like constellations, connecting protocols, platforms, and chains, no longer confined to monolithic designs.
For more information about Zodiac, please visit https://github.com/gnosis/zodiac.
For additional documentation on Zodiac, please refer to the links below:
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts and is focused on preventing:
- Any governance voting result manipulation
- Theft of user or DAO funds
- Permanent freezing of user or DAO funds
- Causing DAO to execute arbitrary code
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Rewards for critical smart contract vulnerabilities are further capped at 10% of economic damage, with the main consideration being the funds affected in addition to PR and brand considerations, at the discretion of the team. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 100 000 for Critical smart contract bug reports.
Gnosis requires KYC to be done for all bug bounty hunters submitting a report and wanting a reward. The information needed is an invoice including:
- Full Name or Business Name
- Personal or Business Address
- Invoice number
- Invoiced amount and currency
Payouts are handled by the Gnosis team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in ETH, DAI or GNO at the discretion of the team. Payouts may be done on either Mainnet or the Gnosis chain.
- Up to USD $2,000,000
- USD $100,000
- USD $25,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Reality Module (ETH)Type
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Reality Module (ERC20)Type
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Bridge ModuleType
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Delay ModuleType
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Module FactoryType
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Exit ModuleType
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Scope GuardType
- Smart Contract - Zodiac Circulating SupplyType
- Smart ContractType
This bounty covers all of the contracts listed in the constants.ts file in the Zodiac repo (linked in the assets in scope table above), deployed to any network with an officially supported deployment of the Gnosis Safe.
All smart contracts of Zodiac can be found at https://github.com/gnosis/zodiac. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Any governance voting result manipulationCriticalImpact
- Theft of user or DAO fundsCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of user or DAO fundsCriticalImpact
- Causing DAO to execute arbitrary codeCriticalImpact
- Temporary freezing of user or DAO funds for at least 24 hoursHighImpact
- Temporarily preventing the DAOs from executing approved proposalHighImpact
- Smart contract unable to operate due to lack of token fundsMediumImpact
- Griefing (e.g. no profit motive for an attacker, but damage to the users or the DAO)MediumImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionMediumImpact
- Smart contract functionality significantly differs from how it is described in its official repoLowImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty