Gnosis chain, previously known as xDai, is a stable payments EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) blockchain designed for fast and inexpensive transactions. The chain uses a unique dual-token model; xDai is a stable token used for transactions, payments, and fees, and STAKE currently supports the underlying POSDAO Proof-of-Stake consensus.
For more information about Gnosis Chain, please visit https://www.xdaichain.com/
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
All smart contract bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward.
All Critical smart contract vulnerabilities are further capped at 10% of economic damage, primarily taking into consideration the funds at risk. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 50 000.
Payouts are handled by the Gnosis Chain team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDT for payments up to USD 100 000. All remaining rewards are paid in STAKE.
- Up to USD $2,000,000
- USD $10,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - DAI-xDAI TokenBridge contract on the Ethereum MainnetType
- Smart Contract - DAI-xDAI OmniBridge contract on the xDai chainType
- Smart Contract - ETH-xDAI OmniBridge contract on the Ethereum MainnetType
- Smart Contract - ETH-xDAI OmniBridge contract on the xDai chainType
- Smart Contract - BSC-xDAI OmniBridge contract on the Binance Smart ChainType
- Smart Contract - BSC-xDAI OmniBridge contract on the xDai chainType
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Critical smart contract impactCriticalImpact
- High smart contract impactHighImpact
- Medium smart contract impactMediumImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
The following activities are prohibited by bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty