rhino.fi is a multi-chain DeFi aggregator platform, bringing you the best DeFi opportunities in one place. The company began by pioneering the development of instant, gas-free spot trading on Ethereum layer 2 (powered by StarkEx). Now, they want to unlock the full potential of multi-chain and allow the next million users to enjoy everything DeFi has to offer, through a self-custodial UX that rivals the best centralised exchanges.
For more information about rhino.fi, please visit https://rhino.fi/.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.3. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps, smart contracts, and blockchains/DLTs, focusing on the impact of the vulnerability reported.
All Smart Contract bug reports require a PoC to be eligible for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
For critical Smart Contract bugs, the reward amount is 10% of the funds directly affected up to a maximum of USD 2,000,000. The calculation of the amount of funds at risk is based on the time and date the bug report is submitted. However, a minimum reward of USD 100,000 is to be rewarded in order to incentivize security researchers against withholding a bug report.
All High and Medium rewards for the project bug bounty program are scaled based on an internally established team criteria, taking into account the exploitability of the bug, the impact it causes, and the likelihood of the vulnerability presenting itself, which is especially factored in with bug reports requiring multiple conditions to be met that are currently not in-place. However, there is a minimum reward for each severity level, rewards will be provided at the determined fair value by the team depending on these conditions, assuming that the bug report is in-scope of the bug bounty program.
The following vulnerabilities relating to those contracts are not eligible from this specific bounty, but can be submitted instead to https://immunefi.com/bounty/starkex/:
- All vulnerabilities found in any audit documents in https://github.com/rhinofi/contracts_public
Payouts are handled by the rhino.fi team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDT and USDC, with the choice of the ratio at the discretion of the team.
- USD $100,000 to USD $2,000,000
- USD $20,000 to USD $100,000
- USD $5,000 to USD $10,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - DA CommitteeType
- Smart Contract - DVF TokenType
- Smart Contract - xDVF TokenType
- Smart Contract - DAOType
- Smart Contract - DAO Vested TreasuryType
- Smart Contract - AMM factoryType
- Smart Contract - AMM routerType
- Smart Contract - AMM LP Proxy beaconType
- Smart Contract - AMM LP implmementationType
- Smart Contract - ARB BridgeType
- Smart Contract - ARB Cross-Swap WalletType
- Smart Contract - ARB MultiSigType
- Smart Contract - ARB TimelockType
- Smart Contract - BSC BridgeType
- Smart Contract - BSC Cross-Swap WalletType
- Smart Contract - BSC MultiSigType
- Smart Contract - BSC TimelockType
- Smart Contract - MATIC BridgeType
- Smart Contract - MATIC Cross-Swap WalletType
- Smart Contract - MATIC MultiSigType
- Smart Contract - MATIC TimelockType
- Smart Contract - zkSync BridgeType
- Smart Contract - zkEVM BridgeType
- Smart Contract - Smart-Contract Optimism BridgeType
All smart contracts of rhino.fi can be found at https://github.com/rhinofi/contracts_public/blob/master/README.md, https://github.com/rhinofi/contracts_public and https://github.com/starkware-libs/starkex-contracts. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Though only the proxy contracts are listed as in-scope, current implementation and any further updates to the implementation contracts are considered in scope. When reporting a bug, please make sure to select the relevant proxy smart contract as the target.
If an impact can be caused to any other asset managed by Rhino.fi that isn’t on this table but for which the impact is in the Impacts in Scope section below, you are encouraged to submit it for the consideration by the project. This only applies to Critical impacts.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Any governance voting result manipulation that could lead to theft of fundsCriticalImpact
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yield. This must be an exploit which can be applied to steal funds from any user under normal circumstances.CriticalImpact
- Direct theft of any user NFTs, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed royalties. This must be an exploit which can be applied to steal funds from any user under normal circumstances.CriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of NFTsCriticalImpact
- Protocol insolvencyCriticalImpact
- Direct theft of a user fundsHighImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Theft of unclaimed royaltiesHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed royaltiesHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for other users for at least 28 daysMediumImpact
- Predictable or manipulable RNG that results in abuse of the principal or NFTMediumImpact
- Denial of service preventing Operator interaction with smart contractsLowImpact
- Griefing (e.g. no profit motive for an attacker, but damage to the users or the protocol)LowImpact
- Block stuffing for profitLowImpact
- Theft of gasLowImpact
- Unbounded gas consumptionLowImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
- Miner-extractable value (MEV)
- Smart contract unable to operate due to lack of token funds
- Non-exploitable re-entrancy (no state change)
- Defects not exploitable in compiler version
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty