88mph is a DeFi protocol for providing fixed-term fixed-rate interest. It does so by pooling deposits with differing maturations and fixed-rates together and putting the funds in a yield-generating protocol, such as Compound, Aave, and yEarn, to earn floating-rate interest. The debt incurred by the promised fixed-rate interest of a deposit is offered as floating-rate bonds (or fundings as referred to in the contracts), which someone can purchase in exchange for the floating-rate interest generated by the corresponding deposit. Buyers of floating-rate bonds thus speculate on the floating-rate yield generated by the underlying protocol, while decreasing the debt of the pool and the risk of insolvency.
88mph is interested in securing its V3 smart contracts and is primarily interested in preventing the loss of user funds, permanent impairment of the protocol state, or severe damage to the protocol state, in addition to any issue that might cause user dissatisfaction or minimal failure.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
All Critical and High Smart Contract bug reports require a PoC and a suggestion for a fix to be eligible for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Critical smart contract vulnerabilities are capped at 10% of economic damage, primarily taking into consideration funds at risk, but also PR and branding aspects, at the discretion of the team. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 10 000.
Payouts are handled by the 88mph team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in MPH.
- USD $25,000
- USD $5,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - CoreType
The Mocks folder is not considered as in-scope of this bug bounty program.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Any governance voting result manipulationCriticalImpact
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Miner-extractable value (MEV)CriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for any amount of timeHighImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks that rely on social engineering
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks that rely on spamming
- Attacks that rely on Denial of Service
- Any physical attacks against 88mph property or data centers
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
The following activities are prohibited by bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Disassembly or reverse engineering of binaries for which source code is not published, not including smart contract bytecode
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty