The origins of Trader Joe were born from a blended desire, to create a unique and truly innovative trading platform that would resonate with the emerging superiority of the Avalanche blockchain, whilst also serving a global and burgeoning audience at the frontier of the decentralised finance industry.
Since launching, the platform has attracted over $4bn in assets and has gained backing from some of the most widely recognised investors in the industry.
Go to Trader Joe and Swap, Stake, Farm, Lend, Borrow, and Leverage … Do it all under one roof. Users of the Platform will have the ability to immerse themselves into a fully integrated, highly accessible DeFi Trading Platform.
For more information about Trader Joe, please visit https://traderjoexyz.com/#/home.
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts and is focused on preventing:
- Thefts and freezing of principal of any amount
- Thefts and freezing of unclaimed yield of any amount
- Theft of governance funds
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
Critical/High severity bug reports must come with both a PoC as well as a suggestion for a fix in order to be considered for a reward. Medium severity bug reports must come with a suggestion for a fix in order to be considered for a reward.
There is a known impact where If a user tries to claim pending rewards after SimpleRewarderPerSec has run out, it will lose all pending rewards. This impact would be considered out-of-scope. Bug reports relating to a contract running out of gas or a contract consuming unbounded gas are also considered out-of-scope.
Critical vulnerabilities are further capped at 10% of economic damage, with the main consideration being the funds affected in addition to PR and brand considerations, at the discretion of the team. However, there is a minimum of USD 50 000 for Critical bug reports.
Payouts are handled by the Trader Joe team directly and are denominated in USD. Rewards of less than USD 50 000 are paid out in USDT or USDC. Rewards over USD 50 000 are paid out in AVAX or JOE.
- Up to USD $500,000
- USD $50,000
- USD $10,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xdc13687554205E5b89Ac783db14bb5bba4A1eDaC/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - UnitrollerType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x1Ed8368Ca83437DbF43E50e85E6f82342e92CFCB/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JoetrollerType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xe34309613B061545d42c4160ec4d64240b114482/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - PriceOracleProxyUSDType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x2274491950B2D6d79b7e69b683b482282ba14885/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - RewardDistributorType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xe6FfD92B9F77FBF5BfEc0F3D9c9d027C4CF3bA6e/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - TripleInterestRateModelType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xFDF50FEa3527FaD31Fa840B748FD3694aE8a47cc/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JoeLensType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xe5cDdAFd0f7Af3DEAf4bd213bBaee7A5927AB7E7/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - MaximillionType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xC22F01ddc8010Ee05574028528614634684EC29e/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JWrappedNativeDelegatorType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xd915Fdb10530eF2A8337B4b0bb33F1B0Bc015531/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JWrappedNativeDelegateType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x929f5caB61DFEc79a5431a7734a68D714C4633fa/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JCollateralCapErc20DelegatorType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xEb41c98513ff3f975016b26e16cbf26E2F1B1DF8/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JCollateralCapErc20DelegateType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xd6a4F121CA35509aF06A0Be99093d08462f53052/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - MasterChefJoeV2Type
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x188bED1968b795d5c9022F6a0bb5931Ac4c18F00/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - MasterChefJoeV3Type
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x60aE616a2155Ee3d9A68541Ba4544862310933d4/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JoeRouter02Type
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0x57319d41F71E81F3c65F2a47CA4e001EbAFd4F33/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - JoeBarType
- https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/address/0xD0C23F8A3777D96e7561b0B5C5ce8b5aFC0c2fa1/transactionsTargetSmart Contract - SimpleRewarderPerSecType
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Loss of user funds staked (principal) by freezing or theftCriticalImpact
- Loss of governance fundsCriticalImpact
- Incorrect polling actionsCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 24 hoursHighImpact
- Unable to call smart contractMediumImpact
- Smart contract fails to deliver promised returnsLowImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty