Alpaca FinanceSubmit a Bug
Alpaca Finance is the largest lending protocol allowing leveraged yield farming on Binance Smart Chain. It helps lenders to earn safe and stable yields, and offers borrowers undercollateralized loans for leveraged yield farming positions, vastly multiplying their farming principals and resulting profits.
Furthermore, Alpacas are a virtuous breed. That’s why, Alpaca is a fair-launch project with no pre-sale, no investor, and no pre-mine. So from the beginning, it has always been a product built by the people, for the people. Or as they like to say: by the Alpacas, for the Alpacas.
More information about Alpaca Finance can be found on their website, https://www.alpacafinance.org/.
This bug bounty program is focused around its smart contracts and is mostly concerned with the prevention of the loss of user funds.
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards for Smart Contract vulnerabilities are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.2. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
The amount of funds at risk affects the final severity classification of the bug report. A vulnerability resulting in the direct loss of protocol funds of 10% or greater remains classified as Critical. However, they are reclassified as High if the impact is less than 10% but greater than 0.1%. If the impact is less than 0.1%, they are reclassified as Medium.
Bug reports are required to include a complete issue description and instructions to reproduce the issue or a PoC. Reports that include a solution to fix the problem have a higher likelihood of receiving the full reward under the respective severity classification tier.
The final reward is determined at the sole discretion of the Alpaca Finance team.
Payouts are handled by the Alpaca Finance team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDT.
- Up to USD $100,000
- Up to USD $15,000
- Up to USD $5,000
- Up to USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart ContractType
- Smart Contract - Leveraged Yield FarmingType
- Smart Contract - Alpaca StablecoinType
- Smart Contract - AlpiesType
- Smart Contract - Alpaca Money MarketType
- Smart Contract - AlperpType
Contracts under https://github.com/alpaca-finance/bsc-alpaca-contract are in-scope unless under ‘/lapis’ folder and stated as a test asset.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Critical Smart Contract ImpactCriticalImpact
- High Smart Contract ImpactHighImpact
- Medium Smart Contract ImpactMediumImpact
- Low Smart Contract ImpactLowImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty