GYSR is an open platform for on-chain incentives. It makes yield farming and token distribution easier, more accessible, and safer for both the creator and the investor. The platform allows anyone to configure and launch a staking pool with zero code.
For more information about GYSR, along with whitepapers and security audit reports, please visit https://www.gysr.io/.
This bug bounty program is focused on their core smart contracts and on preventing:
- Thefts and freezing of principal of any amount
- Thefts and freezing of unclaimed yield of any amount
- Logical errors or miscalculation that result in incorrect accounting or yield amount
- Unexpected and unfair manipulation of incentive mechanisms
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
All Medium, High and Critical Smart Contract bug reports require a PoC and a suggestion for a fix to be eligible for a reward. All Low Smart Contract bug reports require a suggestion for a fix to be eligible for a reward.
The following vulnerabilities are not eligible for a reward:
- Any issues caused by invalid or non compliant third party tokens (ERC20, ERC721, etc) shall be considered out of scope
Payouts are handled by the GYSR team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC and ETH, with the choice of the ratio at the discretion of the team.
- USD $30,000
- USD $10,000
- USD $2,000
- USD $1,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - GeyserToken (v1)Type
- Smart Contract - GeyserFactory (v1)Type
- Smart Contract - ERC20CompetitiveRewardModuleFactoryType
- Smart Contract - ERC20FriendlyRewardModuleFactoryType
- Smart Contract - ERC20StakingModuleFactoryType
- Smart Contract - PoolFactoryType
- Smart Contract - ERC721StakingModuleFactoryType
All smart contracts of GYSR can be found at https://github.com/gysr-io/core and https://github.com/gysr-io/core/releases/tag/1.0.0 (v1). However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Loss of user funds stakedCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for more than 1 hourHighImpact
- Unable to call smart contractMediumImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty