KwentaSubmit a Bug
Kwenta is a decentralized derivatives trading platform offering perpetual futures and options trading on Optimism. Trader’s can cain exposure to a variety of on-chain and real-world assets, and access advanced functionality through the Kwenta Smart Margin Wallet.
For more information about Kwenta, please visit https://kwenta.eth.limo/.
For Whitehats: It is highly recommended that you review the details of this program in full. Although many Bug Bounty programs have standard terms and conditions, each also has their own unique details that are critical to your success.
Prior to submitting a report please review the Immunefi Bug Report Template and Best Practices.
Rewards by Threat Level
Please review how rewards are distributed based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.3. This is a simplified 5-level scale system with separate scales for Smart Contracts and Websites/Apps.
Rewards for critical smart contract bug reports will be further capped at 10% of direct funds at risk if the bug discovered is exploited. However, there is a minimum reward of USD 50 000.
In cases of repeatable attacks, only the first attack is considered unless the smart contract cannot be upgraded or paused. If the attack impacts a smart contract directly holding funds that cannot be upgraded or paused, the amount of funds at risk will be calculated with the first attack being at 100% of the funds that could be stolen and then a reduction of 25% from the amount of the first attack for every 300 blocks the attack needs for subsequent attacks from the first attack, rounded down. For avoidance of doubt, if a second attack would happen at 600 blocks and then a third at 900 blocks, the funds at risk would be counted at 50% and 25% from the first attack, respectively.
Payouts and Payout Requirements
Payouts are handled by the Kwenta team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in sUSD, USDC and KWENTA. Kwenta commits to honoring payouts according to the terms set out in this program at the time of report submission, and to treat this program as the agreement and source of truth concerning bug reports and responsible disclosures.
For the purposes of determining report validity, this is a Primacy of Rules program.
Learn more about report validity best practices here: Best Practice - Primacy of Impact vs Primacy of Rules.
Kwenta does not have a Know Your Customer (KYC) requirement for bug bounty payouts.
Audit Discoveries and Known Issues
Bug reports covering previously-discovered bugs are not eligible for any reward through the bug bounty program. If a bug report covers a known issue, it may be rejected together with proof of the issue being known before escalation of the bug report via Immunefi.
- USD $50,000 to USD $500,000
- USD $10,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - KwentaType
- Smart Contract - Reward EscrowType
- Smart Contract - Staking RewardsType
- Smart Contract - Margin Manager - FactoryType
- Smart Contract - Margin Manager - EventsType
- Smart Contract - Margin Manager - AccountType
Only those listed in the Assets in Scope table are considered to be in-scope of the bug bounty program.
- Smart Contracts - PoC, Smart Contract bug reports are to include a runnable Proof of Concept (PoC) in order to prove impact.
- For more information on PoCs please visit: Proof of Concept (PoC) Guidelines and Rules
- All smart contracts of Kwenta can be found at: https://github.com/Kwenta
Impacts in Scope
(For Blockchain/DLT and Smart Contracts Only) This program is considered to be governed by Primacy of Rules. For more information on what this means visit: Best Practice - Primacy of Impact vs Primacy of Rules.
Impacts are based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System V2.3.
At Immunefi, we classify bugs on a simplified 5-level scale:
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Direct theft of any user funds, whether at-rest or in-motion, other than unclaimed yieldCriticalImpact
- Permanent freezing of fundsCriticalImpact
- Protocol insolvencyCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Permanent freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 1 monthHighImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following impacts and attack vectors are excluded from rewards by default for all Immunefi bug bounty programs:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist), except in such cases where the contracts are intended to have no privileged access to functions that make the attack possible
- Broken link hijacking is out of scope
Smart Contracts and Blockchain/DLT
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program. Violation of these rules can result in a temporary suspension or permanent ban from the Immunefi platform at the sole discretion of the Immunefi team, which may also result in: 1) the forfeiture and loss of access to all bug submissions, and 2) zero payout.
Please note that Immunefi has no tolerance for spam/low-quality/incomplete bug reports, “beg bounty” behavior, and misrepresentation of assets and severity. Immunefi exists to protect the global crypto community, not facilitate grift.
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet deployed code; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty
- Any other actions prohibited by the Immunefi Rules. These rules are subject to change at any time.