Octopus Network is a brand new multichain network born to serve application-specific blockchains, aka Appchains. Octopus Network provides flexible and affordable leased security, out-of-box cross-chain interoperability, one-stop infrastructure, and a ready-to-be-engaged community for the appchains.
For more information about Octopus Network please visit https://oct.network/.
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts and is focused on preventing:
- Loss of user funds staked (principal) by freezing or theft
- Loss of governance funds
- Governance vote manipulation
- Theft of unclaimed yield
- Freezing of unclaimed yield
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 30 minutes
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
All bug reports must come with a PoC with an end-effect impacting an asset-in-scope in order to be considered for a reward. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Known issues highlighted in the following audit reports are considered to be out-of-scope:
Payouts are handled by the Octopus Network team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC.
- USD $50,000
- USD $10,000
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract - RegistryType
- Smart Contract - AnchorType
The deployed addresses of the following contracts are as follows:
- Registry: https://explorer.near.org/accounts/octopus-registry.near
- Anchor: https://explorer.near.org/accounts/debionetwork.octopus-registry.near
All smart contracts of Octopus Network can be found at https://github.com/octopus-network. However, only those in the Assets in Scope table are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Impacts in scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program. All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
- Loss of user funds staked (principal) by freezing or theftCriticalImpact
- Loss of governance fundsCriticalImpact
- Governance vote manipulationCriticalImpact
- Theft of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Freezing of unclaimed yieldHighImpact
- Temporary freezing of funds for at least 30 minutesHighImpact
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles
- Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty